Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mostly the archives.........

There hasn't been much to write about lately - weather has been rather blah - snows a little in the morning, then mostly melts off. Morning walks have been uneventful for the most part. Dean and I took the 2 kids on Wednesday because Bill and Joyce had to go to Bend and Bentley doesn't like to be left alone - to put it mildly. It started to snow on our walk, then became a blizzard after we got home. The "kids" spent their time playing - pretty funny to watch. Later on, Dean called me into his "office" - there were 3 doe munching away outside his window, so I took a quick photo to post.
Back to the archives again (what will I do when I catch up??)
Bill, Joyce, and I took a day last August and hiked up to the base of 3 Fingered Jack - it was such a great day and such a neat hike that I wanted to put a photo of it in.
And here is Dean's new toy. He has been wanting a dune buggy to explore the many BLM roads around here and he finally found one that didn't cost an arm and a leg. This one needs a little work still, but sure is a fun way to check out the back country. Janet wanted to go for a ride....We ALWAYS go to all-church camp at our camp in Ocean Park over Labor Day weekend. It is so nice to see everyone and catch up, and the weather always cooperates! There was a sand castle building contest, campfires in the evening, a new "zip line" (and no, I didn't...) great food, and the famous "Women's Latte Walk". The BIG event took place on Sunday night - the "no talent show" and the title pretty well sums it up. There was everything from the little ones reciting poetry, telling jokes, and dancing to High School Musical, to REAL talent and everything between. Dean even got up and did a little comedy routine. Every year, a group of crazy adults get together and act silly - this year it was hula hoops! No experience required - obviously. I could do it when I was a kid, but I think my body has changed a bit (do you think?) If any of you get a chance, try to hula hoop now - not easy, but certainly funny! I think we all spent more time laughing than actually hula hooping. I'm hiding in the back, so don't bother looking for me, but I thought I would show you some of the crowd. You get the idea.
After camp lets out on Monday, a group always goes to Cape Disappointment in their respective RV's for a few days. We were fortunate to be able to join them finally. We spent a lot of time chatting and got together each evening for dinner. Around the table, left to right are: Adeline Bailey, Jim and Marci Parsons, Diane and Len Satterfield, Joe Bailey, Dean, Gwyn Vollmer, and Faye and Gordy Wells. Sadly, not too long after this photo was taken, Jim and Marci were in a bad accident in California during a sandstorm and Jim didn't make it. We were blessed to have had the opportunity to spend time with them and get to know them both better. We will miss Jim.
I had to put more than one photo on so that you could see everyone.
Gordy and Faye are part of the group from church that turns 70 this year, along with Dean. They had a big party when they all turned 60 and I'm sure they will again this year.
We were able to walk on the beach quite a bit and Abby sure liked it.

I'm behind on the BUSHISM, but I promise to only do one at a time.......
"You work three jobs?...Uniquely American, isn't it? I mean, that is fantastic that you're doing that."
Omaha, Nebraska, February 4, 2005, to a single mother of three

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

egads, I am glad that I am not in that hula hoop picture from Ocean Park. I have to watch your camera now that I know you post them on the web.