Tuesday, June 3, 2008

WARNING!! - Another Soapbox Post

Another blog buddy, Lori, has posted about her son. Read it, friends, and try to tell me that this is not a family! Lori writes some of the most heart wrenching posts. They get me all teary-eyed.
She also writes some that have me rolling on the floor.
I get so irritated when people say that a mother and a father are required to raise a child properly. Baloney!
As many arguments as I have with the UMC, they did this one right:
"UMC has made the following statement (altering Paragraph 161 A for those following in their program) “The family: We believe the family to be the basic human community through which persons are nurtured and sustained in mutual love, responsibility, respect and fidelity. We affirm the importance of loving parents for all children. We also understand the family as encompassing a wider range of options than that of the two-generational unit of parents and children (the nuclear family)" Thanks to Bruce Smith for this. It is June - Pride Month - so I am on a roll. I guess if you don't like it, don't read me for a month. Maybe. Or maybe I am finding my voice with this blog and you're not going to be reading just gardening posts........ Your comments?

No comments: